Recipe: Makes about 3 Cups
1 (15-ounce) Can Full Fat Coconut Milk*
1 (15-ounce) Can Coconut Cream (just a fuller fat coconut milk)
1/4 Cup Honey or liquid sweetener of choice (maple syrup, brown rice syrup, agave)
3 Tbsp. Rosewater
1 Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Arrowroot Powder
1 Tbsp. Vodka (optional, but will help the mixture from freezing solid)
1. Combine all but 1/4 cup of the coconut milk, coconut cream, and honey in pot. And bring to a simmer, stirring it once and a while.
2. Mix the reserved 1/4 cup of coconut milk with the arrowroot powder, string to combine.
3. Once the coconut milk, cream, and honey mixture begins to boil, slowly whisk in the coconut milk and arrowroot powder mix. Once combined, take the mixture off the heat.
4. Stir in the salt, rosewater, and optional vodka.
5. Let the ice cream base cool to room temperature before chilling it thoroughly.
6. Once chilled it can be added to an ice cream machine or a freezer ready container. If you use the freezer method, it is best to stir the mixture every couple of hours to help break up any ice that forms.
7. Let the mixture sit for 5 minute or so to soften up before devouring.
Note: How to make Rosewater? Just watch the video and learn something new.