This is PERFECT recipe for people who are allergic to EGGS. If you know anyone with an egg allergy, or simply want to make a cake for birthday, this recipe is perfect! You can vary the flavor by changing the type of extract you use.
1/2 cup Butter (salted)
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Plain yogurt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Flour
3 tsp Baking powder
3/4 cup Milk
1. Cream butter, sugar and yogurt. Add vanilla extract.
2. In separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
3. Mix flour mixture and milk alternatively into butter mixture. Do not over mix.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or ½ pound), softened (but not melted!) Ideal texture should be like ice cream.
3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, SIFTED
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn't blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.
#dessertsbyFlaviosPh #dessertsbyFlavios #cupcakes #vanilla #buttercream